Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Let Me Introduce Myself

Hello to all those moms out there crazy enough to homeschool. I say, "crazy" because some days it feels like the whole world thinks we are crazy, and some days we feel like we are going crazy, and some days we are just so crazy-in-love with homeschooling that we could just bust! I tend to feel all those things on a daily basis.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Lizzy and I am currently homeschooling in the Seattle, WA area. I hated Seattle when I first moved here because I didn't see any families ANYWHERE. I felt like a freak show walking my three children and my pregnant belly into the grocery store every week just to receive comments and stares. After 3 years here, however, I have come to love all of the resources and diversity that my children get to benefit from on a daily basis. I have found many homeschooling families and a general respect from people I meet for what our family is doing. Sure, I have had negative feedback about homeschooling but the good feedback has FAR outweighed it so I 've managed to shrug off the bad ones.

My hopes for this blog are to not only discuss my crazy way of homeschooling, but to also address the daily issues of family, marriage, money, work, child rearing, depression, love, happiness, ice cream addiction, and all that good stuff that gets into our childrens' educations =).

I also am practicing to be an advice columnist at this site: littlemissknowitall.wordpress.com

As part of this blog I am going to post homeschool related advice questions and answers every Tuesday. If you have any questions for me, just put them in a comment box as anonymous.

Hoping to get to know a lot of you better!
Miss Liz

No comments: